By now you’ve heard the news that all Minnesota schools are closed for the next two weeks! With schools closing all over the country, and families looking for ways to keep their kids learning while at home, I’ve compiled a list of resources for you to help your child continue learning in Spanish. These resources would be excellent for summer learning as well, but we need them now! Take a look to find resources for books, videos, music, games, and more. Make some time each day (even if it’s short- 15 minutes!) for some Spanish language.
Please download my new STUDENT CHOICE BOARDS for primary students below! Try to enjoy making some fun family memories together during this time – and use some Spanish, too!
Stay safe and healthy!
Read Books & More:
- Scholastic Learn at Home Day-by-day projects including stories (choose Spanish at the top left of the Bookflix screen) learning videos, and projects – an amazing free resource for families at home from Scholastic
- Unite for Literacy A gold mine resource for primary students wanting to read books online
- Epic! Join free for 30 days (books, ebooks, and videos)
- Read Conmigo Free bilingual children’s books and podcasts
- Reading A-Z Printable Spanish and English leveled books to keep kids reading at their just-right reading level
- Raz-Kids Spanish and English leveled books for kindergarten through 5th grade (teachers check this one out – excellent for distance learning)
- Audiobooks A list of resources from Spanish Mama
- BookBox Amazing channel with videos of books being read aloud – with subtitles
Download Apps for Kids:
- Spanish School Bus for Kids
- Gus on the Go (& Gus on the Go Stories)
- BrainPop Español Película del Día (Movie of the Day)
- Bible for Kids (change the language in settings at the bottom right)
- Endless Spanish
- DuoLingo for Kids (currently available for iOS 10+)
Listen to Spanish Music:
Spanish Kids Music Resources Recommendations for amazing children’s artists and bands as well as music video sources
Learn through Websites:
- PBS Kids Spanish Games
- BrainPOP Español (BrainPOP Jr. is a better fit for younger kids, but not available in Spanish)
- Salsa from PBS
- LiteracyCenter.net (Games)
- LiteracyCenter.net (Print and Practice)
- Spanish Playground
Watch YouTube Channels:
Try one of these top picks, or check out 20+ amazing YouTube channels for kids learning Spanish here.
YouTube Music Channels:
NEW Student Choice Boards
I’ve created FREE learning activity idea boards for teachers to download and send out to parents, or for parents to download to use at home. They are in ENGLISH and SPANISH. They include reading, writing, math, art, and physical activity in FUN and ENGAGING activities. I encourage you to try to use as much Spanish as you can and to make some fun family memories together during this time. Some activities are simply ideas and some link to a website for the Spanish content. Please take a look!
Download the Kindergarten Choice Board
Download the First Grade Choice Board
Download the Second Grade Choice Board
You might also like my post on ideas for supporting language learning at home (even if you don’t speak the language!).
I’d love it if you shared this post with any immersion teachers and families you know to help them keep their students learning at home in Spanish. And if you do, I’d love to hear from you with feedback! Please also let me know if you have additional resource ideas and you can follow me on social media at the links at the top or bottom of this page. email@example.com