Spring has arrived and we’re ready to embrace it with open arms! ¡Llegó la primavera! Family walks through all the muddy puddles and melting snow, finally hearing birds chirping around us again, and switching our winter coats for spring jackets. Spring is a time to thaw, appreciate the beauty in new life around us, and bask in the sunshine!
The season brings a new lightness to my heart. Simply being able to get outside without all the winter gear and enjoy some much-needed vitamin D puts me in a good mood. Spring is the perfect time for a fresh start and new adventures.
After a long, enduring winter, the first signs of spring get me excited for all the fun outdoor activities my children and I can do together. Especially in the springtime, my family loves to be outside! In this post, I’ll share some of our favorite spring activities to do with kids, and of course, a free printable bilingual scavenger hunt!
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for your support of my blog and free printables!
Does your family have any family traditions in the spring? Activities or excursions you all look forward to each year? Remember that your fun family adventures can be a time for language learning. Here’s a list of 15 fun activities to try out this season!
- Go on a nature hike
- Plant a spring garden
- Start a compost bin or pile
- Take photos of plants, insects, and animals
- Start a rock collection
- Make your own bubbles
- Paint rocks and leave them around your neighborhood
- Write inspirational notes with chalk on the sidewalk (use my printable affirmations in Spanish & English)
- Jump in all those rainy puddles!
- Learn new vocabulary words – insects, weather, gardening, any spring-related theme
- Check out spring books from the library
- Go bird-watching
- Create spring-related items like a nest or a butterfly with play dough (use the scavenger hunt printable!)
- Do a craft with nature items you pick up on your hike (sticks, acorns, petals…)
- Make spring-themed greeting cards to send to family and friends
What else do your children enjoy doing in the spring? If you’re looking for more spring adventures to do with your kids, check out 93 Spring Activities to Add to Your Bucket List (from the Spanish printable queen, Lorenaylennox.com).
Or, check out 6 Ideas to Teach About Spring in Spanish (from one of my favorites, Rockalingua.com).
Need some spring books to read to your kids or your class? Check out my favorite Earth Day Books for Kids in Spanish & English.
Spring Scavenger Hunt
Whether your child is learning English or Spanish (or both!), a scavenger hunt is a fun and vocabulary-rich family outing. Simply download my FREE bilingual scavenger hunt and get started with spring-themed vocabulary learning today!
- Download the bilingual scavenger hunt below
- Print it in color or on colored paper
- Laminate for extended use (I have this laminator and love it for at-home use)
- Grab a fun clipboard
- Head outside!
As you’re out and about enjoying the beautiful spring season, take along our printable scavenger hunt. See how many spring items you can discover!
Want to get the most use out of your scavenger hunt? Read this post for six fun ways to use your free printable!
Download your FREE printable below:
More language learning activities:
- Great Games to Get Your Language Learner Speaking
- Easy Screen-Free Spanish Activities for Kids
- Using Daily Routines to Teach Your Child a Second Language
Plus, scavenger hunts for every season:
Enjoy! Connect with Bilingual Balance on social media – I’d love to hear about and see pictures of your bilingual nature scavenger hunt!