Free Printable Valentine’s Day Affirmations for You and Your Child! Valentine’s Day is almost here! This is one of my favorite times of year because of the focus on showing love and kindness to those around us. And I truly believe that promoting these attributes starts at home!
One powerful way to show our kids love is through positive words of affirmation. Anyone else with a child who thrives on words for their love language? Every child needs to hear they are loved, important, and unique.
For many years, I’ve used the days of February leading up to Valentine’s Day to write special love notes on hearts for my own three kids. The short notes include things I love about them and why they’re special to me. I post one each day on their doors and adore seeing their faces light up as they read each one in the morning.
So this year, I decided to create free printable Valentine’s Day affirmations for you to use in your own home – or in your class! And like most of my free printables, they’re available in both English and Spanish. Families with kids learning either Spanish or English can utilize them!
Related post: 50 Positive Affirmations to Tell Your Child
Valentine’s Day Affirmations
To use the Valentine’s Day corazones with your child, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Download the free printable
- Print the pages at home on colored paper
- Or, print in black and white and you or your child could color them
- Laminate if you’d like (I have and recommend this laminator)
- Post the hearts somewhere special for your child
Using the Valentine’s Day Affirmations
There are so many ways that you could use these Valentine’s Day affirmations! Print and use them however would be most impactful for you and your family. I’ll get you started with some ideas…
- Post them on your child’s bedroom door
- Decorate the wall near your child’s bed with them
- Place them on the refrigerator
- Sneak them into backpacks or lunchboxes
- Tape to a bathroom mirror where your child will see them
- Add to a special present as a gift tag
Or, at school:
- Post them on a bulletin board
- Decorate the classroom door
- Make them into a poster
- Use on a word wall or on the board for writing/spelling use
- Decorate lockers
- Send them home with kids!
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for your support of my blog and free printables!
Grab your free printable Valentine’s Day affirmations in both English and Spanish below! Stick around for more free printables, bilingual parenting ideas, and great Spanish resources to make language learning fun! I’d love to see a picture of how you use these corazones – please tag @Bilingualbalance on social media.
You might be interested in these related posts on raising bilingual kids:
Daily Routine Conversations in Spanish (free printable)